I don’t often do memes anymore (who am I kidding? I don’t often do POSTS anymore!), but Minnesota Mom tagged me today, so I decided to play along. Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing 5 years ago?
(Do you like how I turned that into a question about what I was doing six years ago?)
What are five things to do on your to do list for the day?
– Get my port flushed. Yes, I still have it after being cancer-free for six years. (Done.)
– Do laundry. Last load is in the washer now, waiting for the dryer to finish the previous load. Bzzzzzzzz! The buzzer literally sounded just as I typed that last sentence.
– Do dishes. Our dishwasher decided that it didn’t want to hold water anymore, and we’ve got some stains on the hardwood floor to prove it. So we’re doing them by hand until the new one arrives. (Done.)
– Call Lowe’s to find out when the new dishwasher will arrive. Their store advertises installation within 72 hours if you purchase an in-stock item on a weekday. We did—on Tuesday night. When I hadn’t heard from the installers by this morning (to even schedule the install), I called and asked how they were going to make their 72-hour guarantee. The guy pretended he didn’t know what I was talking about. I explained that I had seen a sign about it in their store and he said, “Oh that must be for other appliances.” Me: “It was hanging BY THE DISHWASHERS.” Him: “Let me call them.” Later, he called back: “How’s late morning tomorrow?” Me: “Excellent!”
– Pick up a take-n-bake pizza and go see the new Narnia movie.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
– Pudding. I’ve been buying the 100-calorie snack size. Yum! Totally worth 100 calories.
– Cheese and crackers. Sometimes this is a meal.
– Cereal. MN Mom mentioned Quaker Oatmeal Squares, and I love them too! The BS flavor (that’s brown sugar, you know).
– 100-calorie Lorna Doones or chocolate animal crackers.
– Peanut butter Kandy Cakes from Tastykake. I don’t go out of my way to get them, but if J.P. brings them home I have a hard time resisting.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
– Buy a second home in a warm climate.
– Learn more about and get better at photography.
– Support charities we believe in.
– I’m not sure what else.
What are five of your bad habits?
– Staying up too late.
– Spending too much time on the computer.
– Being late. I’ve always had a hard time getting up in the morning, so have always been a little on the late side for early appointments. But since I married J.P.? I’ve become terrible about it at all times of day.
– Not cleaning when the house really needs it.
– Biting my cuticles.
What are five jobs you have had?
– Cashier at a grocery store.
– Telemarketer for my college’s alumni association.
– Dish room worker at the college dining service.
– Gift store worker in an amusement park (for one month!).
What five people do you want to tag?
I’m not going to tag anyone, but feel free to participate if you like.
Enjoy the long weekend, and take a few minutes to think about why you have an extra day off work. Check out William’s post if you haven’t seen it already.